Have a Question?
Check over this list and see if it is one of our most common questions. If you don't see it here, go ahead and give us a call, or email us.
- Where are classes held?
Classes are held on campus, right after school, one day each week. For class times specific to your child's school will be on their class page and the registration page.
- How will my child know where to go after school?
- It is very important that you notify their classroom teacher and any after school care staff that your child reports to. Our teachers arrive at school just before dismissal and set up in the classroom very briefly before we begin our lessons. Dismissal procedures are controlled by school administration and classroom teachers, so they will be able to get your child where they need to go. Reminding your child and sending them with their instrument or a note will help too.
- How do I sign up?
Easy. Just go to the Registration Page, find your class, and follow the "Register" link next to it. You will be taken to a form where we will collect the necessary contact information and you can pay online right there at the bottom. Once you submit that form, they are on our rosters and welcome to start attending our classes.
- Can I sign up after the class starts?
Yes. The first 2-3 weeks will be reinforcing the basics of playing the piano & reading music, so it is easy to get late-comers caught up during this period. Your first payment prorated according to how many lessons they've missed in the month.
- How do I take my child out of classes?
We hope that you won't want to, but if you do, just email us or give us a call to let us know. You will be responsible for paying the classes your child was enrolled for, but you will not be billed for any classes after your child's last class with us.
- How do I make payments?
You will receive a PayPal invoice from Next Step Ed. 1-3 business days after you register your child. You can pay online through the invoice or mail a check to our office.
- When are payments due?
With the PayPal invoice, you can pay as much as you want whenever you want, but the total tuition for the Fall 2017 session is due by November 17, 2017. We ask that you please make some payment upon receiving the invoice to help cover the initial costs of the classes.
- Can I pay by check?
Yes, but please, we say again please, don't give it to your child to hand to the teacher. Teachers do not handle accounts during class, they are focused on teaching, and they don't report back to an office after class. Please call (704) 879-5731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the mailing address.
Instruments and Rentals
- Does my child need to bring an instrument to class?
Yes. Each child needs an instrument to use in class to ensure they are practicing material as they learn it.
- Do I have to pay extra for a take-home rental?
No! take-home rental is included in the tuition cost.
- Will the teacher have spares if we forget ours one day or are waiting on a new one?
Yes. Teachers keep two or so on hand in case they are needed. Students that come to class without one are welcome to use one but must be willing to share if needed.
Wild Abundance, Our Partners in Naturalist Education Click Here